- Text or Call – 562-810-1150 Email – ProgressiveDinners@gmail.com
What if I miss my check-in?
- Try to get to the starting restaurant as soon as possible. You will need to still check in there and receive your welcome kit. If it is later than 30 min and your seating group has moved on, then refer to your included map and timetable, and meet your seating group at the corresponding restaurant.
What if I don’t like a certain restaurant?
- We would suggest picking a different neighborhood or waiting until we change the participants for that neighborhood. We would also highly encourage you to email us or reach out through social media and tell us if there is a restaurant that is keeping you from enjoying these progressive dinners, so we can add that into our future decisions and route.
What if we have a last minute cancelation?
- Unfortunately, there is not a lot we can offer. Once the cancelation cut-off has occurred, we pay the restaurants and are unable to recoup the costs based on each restaurant’s preparation for you and party. We may be able to offer you a discount on a future progressive dinner, but it is all case by case.
If it was due to an emergency?
- If it was due to a real emergency, then we will work with the restaurants to see what we can recover for you and do our best to refund your money or provide you with complimentary vouchers for a future experience.
Can I order more (food or drink) than whats pre-paid?
- Absolutely! The staff will always be happy to take any additional orders and charge you only for what you personally ordered above what the package offers.
What if I have a food allergy or sensitivity?
- Reach out to us through email or social media asap. We will do everything we can to find substitutes and accommodate you. Because we rely on our relationships with the individual restaurants, if for some reason we cannot accommodate your requests due to restrictions of any single restaurant, then we will happily cancel and refund your progressive dinner crawl.
The Progressive Dinner, Supper Safari, or Round-Robin
A variant and evolution of the potluck dinner. A dinner party with successive courses prepared and eaten at different hosts. Usually, this involves the consumption of one course at each location and involving travel. The Progressive Dinner originated in Europe, and becoming very popular in America during the 1950s and 1960s. Families would stroll around their neighbourhood together from home to home; each family preparing a different course. Unfortunately, the trend started to disappear in America, like the old Drive-In movies, or Drive-In restaurants. It soon became a memory of the golden era and a forgotten experience.
In Great Britain however, instead of this dining experience disappearing, it became a popular way for community organizations, groups and churches to fundraise money. Supper Safaris also became popular in Great Britain, where the destination of the next course is generally unknown by the participants, and they have to decipher a clue before moving on. Basically a dinner party with an escape room theme.
During a sleepless night of googling the obscure, unknown and forgotten, I came across this concept and instantly fell in love with the idea. Although those same neighborhood dynamics that were part of the landscape in America during the 50s and 60s, now no longer exists; our main streets have grown and our culture is exploding with foodies and restaurant lovers, eager to try something new.
That’s when it all clicked…